Monday, July 27, 2009

A Great Summer Weekend




This weekend Kurt went with Greg Gruenwald and his brother, Steve, to Greg's lake house outside of Kirksville, MO. The guys had a great time being completely disconnected from the real world.


While Kurt was gone Adam went to the lake with Grandpa Waldorf. Saturday afternoon I went to see "The Proposal". It was predictable, but a great chic flic. For dinner I met up with friends from the lake. 1 couple has moved to Houston and live aboard their sailboat full time. It was great to see them and spend time with local friends as well. We had an incredible dinner at Waterfront Seafood in Ankeny. I still don't eat fish, but their crabcakes are yummy! After dinner we went to Patt's house for dessert and conversation. About 9:30 I headed to the lake to join Dad and Adam.


Sunday morning we had pancakes for breakfast and went out for a sail. Beautiful day! Adam and Dad spent the afternoon together as I went home to go to a friend's BBQ at her new house and to meet Kurt and Karen to look at a couple more houses. Kurt and I met up with Dad and Adam for mexican food when we were finished with houses. The hunt continues....

1 comment:

Lindh Family said...

Great picture of Adam and his grandpa. Good luck with the house thing.

Post a Comment