It's officially storm season in Iowa. We took off for the basement last night after Al, Patti, and Mark scooted toward home to take care of the dog during the impending storm. I have to tell you, there have been a few times where I have questioned finishing the basement as I wrote the checks, but having a TV with an antennae, carpet, and toys watching the path of the storm was much more pleasant and the basement is worth it.
Once the boys were downstairs playing and we knew the storm was still a ways off, I went outside to bring in chairs and move the plants out of the path of hail. While I was out there I snapped some pretty cool shots of the clouds.
After the storm the boys had baths and went to bed. Kurt and I pulled chairs onto the porch to enjoy the evening before the next round of weather got here. Here are a few more pics as we watched the next set roll in.
We are so incredibly fortunate that there was no damage in the area from these ominous clouds. There were tornadoes spotted west and north of us that did do some damage. Thank goodness there have been no injuries reported.
Storm season is upon us. While I make light of having comfort in our shelter, when you hear the sirens, haul your hind end to the nearest shelter and stay there. Have a tote of necessities already there so you aren't having to hunt down a weather radio to track the storm and a flashlight in case the power goes out. Do not freak out in front of the young people. They follow your lead. Pretend that this is a fun adventure no matter how scared you may be of an upcoming storm. Having something for them to do in the storm tote is a brilliant idea. Make it something special that only happens when there is a storm warning. You won't be sorry.
Stay safe. Respect Mother Nature, she is stronger than we could ever hope to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment