Monday, July 9, 2012

July 2 - At the cabin. The adventures really begin.

The guys went out for a boat ride after lunch, before G's nap.  Then it was time for some serious fishing for Ann, Kurt, Adam, and Grandpa Al.  Grandma was awesome and stayed at the cabin to take care of Grant during all of our afternoon fishing expeditions.  


 It was in the 90s on this day.  Yes, the heat wave made it almost to Canada!  Good fishing is rewarded by swimming.
 Grandma and Grandpa bought everyone Van Thomme's Bait and Tackle shirts.  Even the Michigan family is decked out!  Evidently I bumped the camera when I ran so I apologize for the off center photo.  I'll fix it someday.

 Grant was done with photos so it's just Adam with a grumpy boy on the floor.
 Just after we put Grant to bed for the night a storm rolled through and knocked out the power.  Where we were we had no damage, just a nice rain.  The power came back on about 3am.

 My flash did a great job of lighting up the room.  It really was getting dark.  Thank goodness up there it doesn't get dark until about 9:15 this time of year.  The 3DS made the power outage much less scary.  We were very lucky as you will see in the next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment