The Van Thomme family was a busy family in 3 different directions this weekend.
Friday after preschool I dropped Adam off with Grandpa Andy for the weekend. He had a blast all weekend being the absolute center of attention. What are grandparents for? Thank you Trip and Andy!!
I worked with Jenny at Quilter's Cupboard during the day to get ready for our weekend retreat that the store hosts. About 4:30 I took off to meet college friends for dinner and the Dave Matthews Band concert at Principal Park. The concert was incredible! Whether you like Dave Mathews or not, the musicians in the band are absolutely amazing. After the concert I went to the retreat for about a half hour to unload my stuff and check in on how the first night went. Minus one blown breaker all was well. I spent all day Saturday and Sunday playing and working at the retreat. I managed to finish 3 baby quilt tops that are all spoken for in the next month or so. (One will be late as Baby Olmedo was born this weekend!) I met up with Trip, Andy, and Adam Sunday evening for dinner after the retreat was all torn down and cleaned up.
Kurt had the weekend to be Kurt. Originally he was going to a training for Sigma Chi on Saturday, but that was cancelled so he spent the day catching up at the office. He joined his mom, Andy, and Adam for dinner after work. Adam immediately told him that it wasn't time for him to go home yet. He got to spend 2 nights with Grandma and Grandpa. Saturday evening Kurt kept an eye on baseball and the Iowa vs Penn State football game. Go Twins! Sunday morning he, Eric and Teresa Haugen, and Teresa's daughter Jayden headed for the 1st home Vikings game of the year. A great time was had by all thanks especially to the last second Vikings touchdown.
I have to admit we have completely lost track of who knows what, so I am going to put this here and I apologize if we haven't managed to tell you personally....
Adam is going to be a big brother! The first day of spring should bring Adam a sibling. As with Adam we are planning on keeping boy/girl a surprise. So far so good.
Have a great week!

2 comments:
Congratulations!!! That's great for you guys. Hope you're feeling well.
Congrats on the new baby. I'm sure Adam will be an excellent big brother. I know Dylan is always willing to pitch in, sometimes he's even a little too helpful and thinks he's the parent. (We have some bossiness issues that we are working on:)
Post a Comment