Thursday, October 10, 2013

Center Grove Orchard

Today Grant and I held our own private birthday party for my mom.  Today is her 70th birthday.  I so wish she could have been here to celebrate.

 I took the opportunity to play with camera settings while we played today.  After a lot of years of camera playing I feel like I can finally take some decent pics on a whim rather than after 5 minutes of thought.

 The corn pool.  Safety disclosure:  You should never play in corn on the farm!  However, we can't seem to visit the Orchard without breaking the rule since this corn pool is made for playing.
 This was Grant's favorite activity today.  You pump the water to make the duck race down the track.  I think he could have spent all day in this one spot.
 (a little over exposed, but I love the concentration on his face!)


 The pedal tractors are fun but a lot of work!
 I think he tried about 6 of them.

 They added bigger pedal tractors this year.  Grant was too little to pedal so I pushed him down the track while he steered.  We didn't hit any walls though we did have several close calls.
 "Mom, I think that's enough pictures."

 Poor kid.  He finally finds the excavator and his legs were too short to give him any leverage with the ground.  He was determined to dig so he did play here for a good 15 minutes or so.
 Moo!
 We were able to join a school group on a hay rack ride.  The 1st Graders from Brubaker Elementary were so good!  One of their mom's offered to take a picture of Grant and I.  Of course I accepted.

We waited on the tractor while the kids went out to pick their apples.  One of the teachers was so sweet.  She picked her 3 and brought them back to Grant.  He held is bag of apples proudly the rest of the day.

Before leaving we bought some cider donuts at the store.  Grant had his "now doughnut" finished before it was out turn to check out.  We brought home 6 to share with Daddy and Adam.

It was an amazing party day.

No comments:

Post a Comment