Adam practicing the piano before the storm rolled in. I am so proud of how hard he is working! While the 1st couple of days post lesson can be pretty frustrating, he is finding that the reward for his hard work by the end of the week is amazing!
Mother Nature can't be easy on us. We've been begging for rain. Today we got it with a whole lot of wind. The boys were playing in the basement as I watched the weather change. I had planned on getting dinner ready to bake. Instead I was on the porch taking pictures.
The storm rolling in from the west. No rain, no wind, yet.
Please recycle truck. Hurry up and get around the block before this hits!
Check out the water tower in the distance.
The recycle truck makes it. I manage to drag the empty bin into the garage before things get crazy.
The cloud passes and we still have no rain and no wind. At this point I really thought we had yet again had a lot of warning and no rain. That had been the trend up until today.
Here comes the wind! Maybe this cloud will do something after all. It managed to turn on the splash pad at the park.
Remember the water tower in the distance? It is disappearing. It is raining on the playground behind the school but I am still dry.
Bye Bye Water tower. Still no rain at my house but I could tell it was coming.
It was even raining south of me at the school. At this moment I was still dry.
The rain hit about 1 minute later. I went to the basement to join the boys. The hail started hitting the window well covers a bit later. Until then they didn't even know it was raining. "What's that?" "Hail." "Oh, ok." Back to playing they went.
After the storm...1 tree down in Dean Park
Thank goodness this ended up in the street and not on one of our houses. As I said on Facebook, when Grant saw the trampoline in the street he told me not to worry because the wind would blow it out of the street.
We will spend a day or so returning everyone's belongings to the appropriate houses after this one.
And Mother Nature gives us a beautiful sunset. There's that water tower. All is right with the world.
Complete with a double rainbow.
Weather amazes me. I love to watch it change. I guess that is one reason I put up with Iowa winters.

No comments:
Post a Comment