Ankeny has the super designation as a Playful City USA. While having other designations is probably more prestigious, being playful has its perks. Each year we have an All-City Play Day where you can go play from 5:30-7. Each year it grows with more fun activities. The biggest hits are the canoe rides and squirting the fire hose with a firefighter. Since Adam is at the lake with Al and Patti, Grant got to pick everything we did this year. He desperately wanted to try the boats but the line was just too long and it was just too late. Maybe next year I'll brave a canoe with both boys if we get there early enough to avoid a long line.
Grant's favorite area: Touch A Truck! All sorts of equipment and the fire truck. I think we could have left after this stop and he would have still been pleased as punch.
We live in Ankeny hence we have lots of John Deere Green.
Climbing in the street sweeper. These are much nicer than the ones I saw in my neighborhood as a kid.
Inside the dump truck. Can you tell he's a bit excited?
The dump truck wheel has just an inch or 2 on Grant this year.
I was informed that this is a grader.
Watch out everyone. Grant was telling us what all of the knobs, levers, and switches did. I doubt he was right, but he did go for a ride in a Bobcat awhile back and I would not be surprised if he paid attention.
Climbing into the fire truck. Of course he had to be a big kid and do it himself.
Kurt and Grant waiting in line to spray the fire hose.
These next few speak for themselves...
After we managed to talk him out of standing in line for the canoes we hit the school playground. Kurt and I had a bit of nostalgia as this happened to be the school next to our old house.
And back to the touch a truck area on our way back to the car. I look at this one and can't help but think that he is actually moving. He isn't, but he sure looks like he could be.
Little fingers. :)
I think Kurt thought I was nuts when I told Grant to come jump in the puddles with me. It was so fun! This water was running off the fire hose area so they were super fun puddles!
All he needed was a board and he could have surfed All-City-Play Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment