Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Amazing Race - Part 2

For my birthday Kurt bought some Amazing Race templates off of Etsy. I "raced" all over town doing fun things for my 40th. Well, the other night Kurt and I put the templates to work again to send the boys on an Amazing Race around our house.

 After dinner the boys take their plates to the sink. Under their plates at the table was a button telling them to meet at the fireplace to begin their Amazing Race.
 Kurt worked with Grant to read his clues while Adam did his own. I chased the 3 of them around the house with the camera. What a workout!
 Grant had a "Planes" clue.
 Adam had a clue that took him to his Tennis Guys band set up in the storage room.
 One clue said you had to give an adult a hug before you could move on.
 "Dash" through the backyard to find a clue. I wonder why "Dash" is in quotes....
 Where Mommy goes to relax.
 After meeting up at the fireplace again, the boys had the same final clue. A spot where you can relax and watch the happenings at Dean Park. To the front porch they ran.
 Look what they found! Walt Disney World Guide Books for Kids. We are super excited for an upcoming fun family vacation! (Now does "Dash" make sense? Think The Incredibles.)
 Adam immediately put the trip on his calendar on his iPod.
As most of you know, I am pretty low key and thinking this much to tell the kids about a vacation was definitely outside of my box. In the end it was worth it to see the grins on their faces as they completed their tasks and found their final clues.
Over the summer we had Disney movie afternoons that drove Adam crazy. He couldn't figure out why I wanted to watch so many old Disney movies. I have given so many little hints like this since Kurt and I booked the trip that I thought for sure he knew and wouldn't be surprised. Not to mention the night that Kurt told a telemarketer on the phone that we already had a trip to Orlando scheduled right in front of Adam! Well, Adam is an 8 year old boy and he had no clue.

Surprise success. Now if only vacation would get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment