Jenny, her parents, and I had a fabulous trip to the AQS Show in Paducah. This is a picture of our little booth. Due to flooding in Paducah the Army Corps of Engineers closed the flood wall. The convention center that was to house most of the show was built behind the flood wall. All of the vendors and quilts from that location had to be moved. We were supposed to be in the Pavilion (just the right side of the flood wall) but were moved to an old Office Max building. All vendors not on the main show floor were reduced to a single booth rather than the size that they had paid for. We were nervous about how to make it all fit but it worked out beautifully. We kept a positive attitude throughout the show and the customers appreciated it.
I found a few projects I couldn't live without at the show and can't wait to find the time to work on them. I've picked out the pattern for a quilt for my bed (seems wrong that the quilter in the house isn't sleeping under a quilt!), a Christmas wall-hanging that combines red-work and pinwheels, several little quilt patterns from Lori Smith, a back pack pattern, and a kit for a 30 minute tote bag. The tote came from our neighboring booth. They were fun people and I wanted to get something to remember them.
While I was gone Kurt, Al, and Patti took charge of the boys. Kurt and the boys had lots of quality time in the evenings. Kurt started his new job at Pioneer Hi-Bred on Monday. His first week went very well and he seems to be enjoying his new adventure. Al watched the kids during the day. The kids weren't exactly excited to see me come home. Grandpa and Daddy are much more fun!
Now that I'm back I have finished up month end paperwork and unpacked. Time to go accomplish a few more tasks!

1 comment:
I think it's so cool that you still make time for your hobbies. Two kids is more than enough excuse to let it slide. Kudos to you and your talents!
Post a Comment