On the plane, headed to Orlando/Sanford for the night.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Skipping a whole lot and posting vacation
I hope to post some Christmas, New Years, snow, and other such fun, but I am in the hotel room with a sleeping boy and actually have some time to post a few vacation pics tonight.
On the plane, headed to Orlando/Sanford for the night.
After landing, getting our luggage and rental car, and checking into the hotel we finally made it to dinner. Thank goodness Big Boy was open until 11!
An easy 4 hour drive landed us at Greg and Sandi's house. Adam couldn't swim because the pool was cold, but he had a great time playing elephant with the noodles and doing change cars on the pool steps.
Saturday night Javi, Kirky, and I went to see The Great American Trailer Park Musical. It was laugh out loud funny. I hope it comes to DSM sometime so I can see it again. After the play we met up with Laurie and 2 of her friends from Michigan at a place called Splitsville. Needless to say we had a great time!

Sunday we went to the Chocolate Festival at a Botanical Garden. After about 5 drips of rain as we arrived the weather was perfect and the company couldn't be beat!
Someday humans will mutate to have one arm long enough to take pictures at arm's length.
This is one giant tree!
After the Chocolate Festival we stopped at another garden to check out the big lizards. The lizards must have been hot because most of them were in hiding.
Adam, Dad, and I went to Miami Ale House for dinner and football after checking into our hotel on Miami's North Beach. We called ahead to be sure it was a 3 year old appropriate restaurant. When we got there we laughed because not only did they have great food they had a guy making balloon animals for the kids!
On the plane, headed to Orlando/Sanford for the night.

1 comment:
Looks like you're having a great vacation! I've enjoyed the updates on Facebook but I'm an even bigger fan of the Blog format. You're looking great, way to go having the energy to be pregnant and running after an almost four year old while on vacation by yourself. Hope the shock of landing back in DSM isn't too bad.
Post a Comment